Thursday, October 21, 2010

Straight Lines

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. Between the boy's soccer games this weekend and lots of babies at work, I haven't had much time. I worked diligently on the Around and Around We Go quilt on Monday. No housework got done (shhh... don't tell). I found the perfect fabric for the backing. It's a suprise... no pics yet. On Monday, I sandwiched the layers together and worked on the quilting. The "Circle Around" pattern, had the quilting as simple X's going through the squares. I liked the idea. The quilt had a "clean" look, the circles and quilted squares go together nicely. So the trick was getting those lines perfectly straight. Nothing like painter's tape to help do the job. I read this trick online a year or so ago and always remembered it. I knew it would come in handy one day. :) Simple, quick, and gives you perfect lines each time. I also use painter's tape when I tape my backing to the floor to make the quilt sandwich. It hardly has any adhesive and it doesn't ruin your fabric.




Voila! Nice straight lines. 

I got to work on the binding a little today. I decided it might be a good idea to actually do my errands and clean house today. I'm hoping to work on it tomorrow. This blanket is so cuddly. I'm excited to get it finished. 

1 comment: