Sunday, June 19, 2011

To Bless a Child

The best part of bloggyland is all the different people you get to meet. As you reach more people, it enables you to do things that you couldn't do alone. To make an impact. To use your God-given talents to show God's love to others. A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from Theresa of Confessions of a Craftaholic regarding her new project Quilt of Love. She was inviting me to participate in this wonderful opportunity. Her project "Quilt of Love" is about creating a quilt for a sick child at Texas Children's Hospital. Please read her post I linked above to get more details. As y'all may know, I am a pediatric nurse so this opportunity was very close to my heart. I was so excited. I love the children I care for. They are sweet kids lost and scared in a foreign place. They look to you and depend on you to make them feel better. Some kids come and go in a few days. Others, stay for weeks or months at a time. For the kids who stay in the hospital for weeks, they long for something that brings them comfort. Several of them bring their "special blankie" from home. When we took my youngest to the ER we made sure to bring the dog he always carried around and his favorite blanket. He clung to his dog and his blanket the entire time we were there. Sadly, there are some kids who don't have a "special blankie". What a great way to combine my compassion for sick children and my love for quilting to bless a child with a blanket that could become their "special blankie."

Theresa is simply asking for participants to make at least one 12 1/2" square quilt block of our choice and mail them to her. She will then join these blocks together into a quilt and donate this quilt to a child at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston, TX . The more quilt blocks we can get the more children we can bless with a quilt. Oh what a great way to use our talents. If you would love to participate in this wonderful project please visit Theresa's blog Confessions of a Craftaholic. I look forward to working with all those who are participating.


No comments:

Post a Comment