Friday, December 17, 2010

Day of Parties

Tis the season for shopping, baking, and of course... Christmas Parties!!!! While Christmas parties are great, having THREE in one day has officially worn me out. Especially when two of them involve 20 kids that have eaten 5 months of sugar allowance in about 10 minutes. Yes, I contributed to that sugar consumption with some help from my little elves.

If I am not crafting with fabric, I am using my next favorite medium: buttercream frosting made from scratch. This is the first year that both boys are in school together. Meaning, I have to juggle two Christmas parties. Fortunately the youngest elf's party started at 1:30pm and the oldest elf's party was at 2:30. I believe I make the cutest cakes and cupcakes (yes, that was prideful, because I do take pride in my sugar creations), so I signed up to bring cupcakes to BOTH of the boys' class parties. For those who are counting that is 48 cupcakes! After perusing the internet for the cutest ideas, I settled on melting snowmen. Something cute that the boys could help me with. They love getting into mommy's frosting and helping bake goodies. Actually, I think they wait to see how much of mommy's frosting is left over for them to steal so that the garbage can doesn't get the pleasure of consuming mommy's buttercream frosting.

Preparing for the challenge

My little elves helping at their "stations"

Oldest elf filling up cupcakes

Littlest elf giving it a try


Mommy and little elf attaching heads to cupcakes

Both elves admiring their work

Melted snowman

Melted snowman army
(They have no idea the battle of 40 kids they will enter)

My goodness this elf is soooo cute

My oldest elf. He's sooo handsome. What a little man.

So after I have prepared for and attended each class party. I whisk the boys home where I finish off the remaining cupcakes for my work party. There was NO WAY I was going to let those extras stay in the house! The snowmen that had escaped the vortex of kids, was about to meet..... the nurses!!! Not one snowman survived I am happy to report. I love my nurses I work with! They make my job enjoyable and so much easier. There is nothing like working with a great team.
My little elft, myself, and Gunilla
(She cracks me up!!! Watch out, between the two of us, you never know what will be said!)

Kylie, myself, Kara,and little Braylie
(Kylie lets me love on Braylie to get my baby fix. Kara is my craft partner in crime)

There are so many others of my partners in crime I did not get photo'd with! I truly love my girls I work with!

The best part of our party was our Secret Santa exchange and reveal. We have been giving and receiving small gifts all week.
I was secret santa for Aurora, one of our charge nurses.
(Oh the things I could say that would make you laugh so hard you pee in your pants)

My gift from my secret santa- oh the endless possibilities
(Absolutely my favorite part of the night)

So overall, today was busy, merry, and blessed. I am officially.... EXHAUSTED!

My elves are tucked away in their beds with visions of sugarplums in their heads. The clock will strike 6 tomorrow and I will dress in blue, to welcome the babies anew. Hand them to moms who's faces light up with joy, whether it is a girl or boy. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment