Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wife, Mommy, Nurse, Quilter

All of my jobs in order of importance. Unfortunately, only one of my jobs pays my monetarily. The first two pay me in daily blessings. Being a nurse I get paid to see little blessings being born. My last job is my way of blessing others. It has been a busy week for all of my jobs. All of them are demanding of my time, to which there are only 24 hours in a day. I've thought if I had another 24hours in a day I STILL wouldn't have enough time. My babies have been sick all week. First the little one. Just as he got well, the oldest got sick. Daddy and I have taken turns staying home from work to take care of the boys. The oldest helped me quilt a little today. Making sure I kept my squares in the right order and my sashing was of correct length. I chalk it all up to mathematical lessons. Seriously, try getting a 4th grader to figure out how much binding fabric you need and how many strips you should cut! That is one challenging word problem. I broke it up into sections of course. My little math whiz took about 10minutes to figure it out. :) I won't tell him there's an app for that. He's my little engineer. He builds fighter jets out of legos from his head. No pattern... no picture.. just the one in his head.

A jet he made months ago while mommy was napping with little brother. Isn't that amazing? He will tell you where the missles are and the bombs. It's amazing how that boy's mind works. Love that little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment