Thursday, December 23, 2010

Procrastination and Anticipation

Today I ran around doing all the things a typical procrastinator does. I have perfected my ability to procrastinate. Maybe I should included something about procrastination in my New Year's resolution.... ahhh.. who am I kidding? I braved the grocery store yesterday, but didn't plan well and had to go back today! I really think half of the city was at the grocery store when I was there. I have to hand it to the boys, they behaved well. They coudn't hold themselves together the last five minutes, but we had been in line for about 20min. I was proud of them. By the time I got home, Daddy was already home and he was on a mission. His usual mission: cleaning the house. Everybody had a job. I swept and mopped, he folded and put away laundry, little elf put things away in his room while the big elf vacuumed the whole house. He did an awesome job! He even pulled out the attachment and vacuumed near the baseboards. The house looked wonderful. My little elves helped me in the kitchen again. We made cornbread to go with the beef stew for dinner. There is nothing like warm, out of the oven, cornbread to accompany the beef stew.

Although tomorrow is Christmas Eve, it will be Christmas in our house. The joys of being a nurse is that the hospital is always open and yes, people have babies on Christmas too! A joy and a sacrifice all in one. I have the day planned out tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. I love Christmas and I can't wait for the boys to finally be able to rip open boxes and bags they have waiting for them between the trees. To see their faces light up. I always remember the anticipation when I was a kid. I love to relive that in my kids. We will have brunch, hopefully get to go to service in the afternoon, I will make Christmas dinner and then we will open presents. Stockings will be filled that evening for them to open on true Christmas morning. We will definitely have to do facetime on our phones for that one since I will be at work. Gotta love technology! For now, I'm going to rest up for the busy day ahead. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a lovely Christmas even if you have to work - with such a gorgeous husgband and two gorgwous little elves I am sure you will be beanming all day!!! P.S. I am so impressed with your big elf vacuuming the house!!! My twin fourteen year olds wouldn't even know how to turn on on!!!Merry Christmas!!!! and Quilty New YEar!

    ReplyDelete