Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Twist on Christmas

I took a class at my LQS, Rachael's Fabrics, to learn how to make a twister quilt. We worked on a table runner. The girls at the shop were nice enough to pick out my fabrics for me. I was in a hurry when I went to purchase my kit. :( After I put the quilt together, I realized that they weren't necessarily the colors I would have chosen. However, learning to make the quilt was a blast!! It was simple and quick. I was able to finish the top of the table runner in 3 hours! It only took me about two hours to quilt and another 2-3 hours to attach the binding and blind stich it closed. I am going to do another one of these in black, white, and red fabrics. Perhaps a lap-sized quilt. I can visualize it in my head. It looks yummy and makes me smile with excitement. Unfortunately, this quilt will have to wait until the beginning of the year. I have plenty of projects to complete until then. I also have to somehow try to find time to START shopping for Christmas presents!!! It's so hard for me to believe it is already the first week of December! The following are pictures from my table runner.

The front

I LOVE the back


Echo stitching done in green. Stippling on border done in red.


Beautiful Binding


Christmas Twister

I can't say this is one of my favorites by any means. However, it is making a special friend very happy this Christmas. I'm glad she loved it and enjoys it. It was lots of fun to make! It would be a shame for it to stay hidden in my closet.

Have a great night!


3 comments:

  1. Cute table runner. I'm looking forward to seeing your next one in black, red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very lively design. You could do it in a variety of colors for any season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cambiando i colori verrebbe comunque un bel lavoro....
    Ciao Domenica

    ReplyDelete